Hi, I'm Micah! I'm a full-stack engineer based in Portland, OR.
I'm currently leading the front-end team at BeFunky, a popular WebGL-based Photo Editing and Graphic Design platform that runs in the browser. A lot of my work entails adding new features without sacrificing our core performance metrics.
When I'm not taking my cats for a walk, I'm often coding or thinking about one of these things:
- Experimenting with various machine-learning solutions to identifying ads in podcasts
- Evaluating state machines (e.g. Robot) and minimalist UI frameworks (e.g. Preact, Haunted) for use at work and various side projects
- Speaking at the PWA Summit on October 7th. It's all online and free to attend!
Feel free to shoot me an email if you'd like to work on something together!
GitHub | Email
- Playing around with object detection using Tensorflow on a the Raspberry Pi B+.
- A Preact-based WordPress plugin for cleaner database searches.
- A silly, social webapp called Any Mammal's Milk first written in Svelte then migrated to React + Firebase.
The land of milk and honey
Portland's alright (-; but if you're ever in Goshen, Indiana be sure to check out: